2020 is just a few days away. This is a great year to break out all the cheesy optical metaphors. So, here’s my first attempt: the only way to achieve perfect vision for your life is to view life through the lens of Scripture. The Bible serves as the corrective lens for our sin-blurred life. The only way we human beings can accurately perceive God, the world, and ourselves is through the spectacles of God’s word.
Ok, ok. That’s as far as I want to push this analogy. But the truth remains that God’s word has the power to transform our lives. Regular meditation on God’s word under the guidance of the Holy Spirit changes us. The Word of God, most fully expressed in the person of Jesus Christ, is the primary way that God remakes us into the people he created and redeemed us to be.
If you want to become all that God intends for you to become in Christ, and you do not currently have a daily habit of reading and meditating on God’s word, then I want to invite you to join me in reading the entire Bible in 2020. It will take you about 15-20 minutes of reading every day. The plan we will be using is the One Year Bible. Each day we will read a selection from the Old Testament, New Testament, and a portion of the Psalms and Proverbs.
You can join me in one of five ways:
Method One: YouVersion App (for Android and Apple)
3. Message me letting me know you want to join the reading plan OR Join by clicking on this link: https://bible.com/p/21239305/8cdd9c681e334d5d820b0e6e4f377c86
This is the preferred method for several reasons: 1) By setting up notifications, you will be reminded to read; 2) You can check off when you have read so you know exactly where you are in your reading plan; 3) You are reading in community; 4) You can message other participants with insights and encouragement.
Method Two: Daily Newsletter
- Click here.
- Fill out the form with your contact information.
- You will receive the readings for the next day at 9:00 PM EST.
Method Three: Follow on Facebook
- On your Facebook home page, search for ‘One Year Bible.’
- Like and follow @oyboonline
- Hover over the ‘Following’ button and select ‘See First.’ You can also turn on ‘Receive Notifications’ (which I suggest). With these options selected, you will see the One Year Bible at the top of your News feed every day and receive notifications when something new is posted.
- Please Note: there is also a One Year Bible blog on Facebook. You can also follow this page if you like. The readings are not listed on the blog, but they do post questions and commentary daily to this page.
Method Four: Online at www.oneyearbibleonline.com.
- Click on Daily One Year Readings.
- In the Blue Navigation pane on the left side of the page, pick your Translation.
- Bookmark the page so you can find it again easily
Method Five: download a PDF
- Click here.
- Choose the PDF version you want (2 months per page or 1 month per page).
- Save and print.
I am excited about all that God will do in and through us as we read the Bible together in 2020.
So, start the new year off right by committing to read the word of God with me on January 1, 2020.