2021 Bible Reading Plan
2021 is just a few days away. I want all of us to experience more of the transforming power of God in Christ through reading the entire Bible in 2021. The psalmist tells us that God’s word is a lamp to our feet and a light on our path. Who doesn’t need a little more traveling light after the 2020 we’ve had?
I have used this reading plan for the past several years. I like it because we will read a little bit of the Old Testament, a little bit of the New Testament, a portion of the Psalms and Proverbs every day. I prefer this plan to a straight chronological reading of Scripture so that it doesn’t feel like I’m bogged down in some of the less applicable, yet divinely inspired, portions of the Old Testament (like the architectural details of the Temple). There is about 15-20 minutes of reading every day, so it takes some commitment. But the benefits to daily Bible reading cannot be overstated.
My hope for CFBC is that groups will spring up to discuss the readings and the way participants are applying what they learn in their everyday lives. Even if you’re not a member of CFBC, you can form a group at your church, school or workplace. I look forward hearing about God uses His word to transform your life in 2021.
You can join me in one of five ways:
Method One: YouVersion App (for Android and Apple)
- After setting up your account, search for me, Wade Arnold. Here is my current Profile Picture:
3. Join my reading group by clicking on this link: https://bible.com/p/36369302/76cfee9632c50a1901e46144cb8c6915
This is the preferred method for several reasons: 1) By setting up notifications, you will be reminded to read; 2) You can check off when you have read so you know exactly where you are in your reading plan; 3) You are reading in community; 4) You can message other participants with insights and encouragement.
Method Two: Daily Newsletter
- Click here.
- Fill out the form with your contact information.
- You will receive the readings for the next day at 9:00 PM EST.
Method Three: Follow on Facebook
- On your Facebook home page, search for ‘One Year Bible.’
- Like and follow @oyboonline
- Hover over the ‘Following’ button and select ‘See First.’ You can also turn on ‘Receive Notifications’ (which I suggest). With these options selected, you will see the One Year Bible at the top of your News feed every day and receive notifications when something new is posted.
- Please Note: there is also a One Year Bible blog on Facebook. You can also follow this page if you like. The readings are not listed on the blog, but they do post questions and commentary daily to this page.
Method Four: Online at www.oneyearbibleonline.com.
- Click on Daily One Year Readings.
- In the Blue Navigation pane on the left side of the page, pick your Translation.
- Bookmark the page so you can find it again easily
Method Five: download a PDF
- Click here.
- Choose the PDF version you want (2 months per page or 1 month per page).
- Save and print.
I am excited about all that God will do in and through us as we read the Bible together in 2021.
So, start the new year off right by committing to read the word of God with me on January 1, 2021.
What do you think? Leave a comment below!
If you like what you have read and would like to be notified when I post new content,
please subscribe to my blog by filling out the form in the right-hand navigation bar.